How do I make the field uneditable in a form?
You may have certain important fields in your form and you need to ensure that there should not be any further edit in these field values after the request is submitted by the initiator. In such a case, you can configure the field as readonly in specific process stages where you want the reviewers only to view and not to edit.
Follow the steps given below to configure the field as readonly in the control center:
- Click on the Admin -> Control Center from the left menu.
- Select the workflow and click on the edit icon.
- Click on the Workflow Stages and select the process stage.
- Click on the Form Designer icon then select the field and click on the pencil icon to edit the field.
- In Validation Settings, select Yes from the dropdown in ReadOnly.
For example, Amount fields are most important in a form. Do not let the reviewers edit this field and allow them only to view. The following screenshot illustrates the Amount field as ReadOnly in the reviewer stages and the reviewers cannot edit this field.