How do I make the field mandatory in a form?
You may validate the fields in your form so that they must be filled before submission. The request cannot be submitted until that particular field is filled. Visually, the asterisk (*) symbol denotes the mandatory fields in a form.
Follow the steps given below to configure the field as mandatory in the control center:
- Click on the Admin -> Control Center from the left menu.
- Select the workflow and click on the edit icon.
- Click on the Workflow Stages and select the process stage.
- Click on the Form Designer icon then select the field and click on the pencil icon to edit the field.
- In Validation Settings, select Yes from the dropdown in Mandatory.
For example, the below screenshot illustrates the Leave Application form has Leave Type field as mandatory it ensures that the form is not submitted until that value is filled.
The below screenshot illustrates the error message when the mandatory field Leave Type is not filled in the form: