How do I make the field Conditional Mandatory in a form?
You may want some of the fields in your form to be mandatorily filled based on conditions. In such a case you can make the field as mandatory when specified conditions are satisfied.
Follow the steps given below to configure the field as conditional mandatory in the control center:
- Click on the Admin -> Control Center from the left menu.
- Select the workflow and click on the edit icon.
- Click on the Workflow Stages and select the process stage.
- Click on the Form Designer icon then select the field and click on the pencil icon to edit the field.
- In Validation Settings, select Conditional Mandatory from the dropdown in Mandatory.
For Example, When an employee is applying for half day leave it is mandatory to select whether he is applying for the first half or second half of the day. If the Half day checkbox is marked it means that the field value is yes in such a case Select field is mandatory.
The following screenshot illustrates the condition specified in Select field: