How can I customize the Form in Cflow?
Cflow provides a number of controls to customize the look and feel of your form.
- Click on the Admin -> Control Center from the left menu.
- Select the workflow and click on the edit icon. You can edit the properties of the form in each stage.
- Click on the Workflow Stages and select the process stage. Click on the Stage Properties icon to edit the form properties.
List View of Workflow Stages:
Note: You can also customize the workflow stages view by clicking the Flowchart view button on the top right corner. This shows all the workflow stages in the form of flowchart. Click on the initiator/reviewer stage and all the relevant menu options are shown on the left side.
Following are the properties that you can edit, enable or disable in the form. A brief explanation of the form properties is given below:
Stage Name – Each form has a number of process stages and each stage has a name. The stage name is editable and the name you mention in this field appears on the screen. You can easily identify the reviewer of the stage by the stage name.
SLA – Fill in the SLA field to set the deadline for completing at this stage. This shows up prominently to the reviewer so that your request can be approved without any delay.
Initiator Role – In the first stage, you can select the initiator role from the dropdown. Only the assigned users to the role can initiate the request.
Review Role – In the process stage select the role from the dropdown. Only the assigned users to the role can review the request in that process stage.
Form Type – Select the form type from the dropdown. The form type determines whether the stage is used for information gathering or for approvals. If you choose the stage type as Info it is used only for gathering information. Select the stage type as Approval if you need to send a request to a process stage for approval.
The below screenshot illustrates the stage properties in initiator stage:
The below screenshot illustrates the stage properties in the reviewer stage:
- Create a Request– Turn on the toggle to enable the ‘+’ icon to initiate a new request in a workflow. Click on the ‘+’ in the dashboard page – My workflows section or the Stage Inbox after selecting a workflow to initiate a new request. You may also initiate by clicking Initiate in the Workflows page.
- Delete Control – In the first stage, you can turn on the toggle to enable the delete option. The delete icon is displayed in the Stage Inbox for the first stage. You can delete requests if not needed.
- Table Add & Delete Control – Turn on the toggle to enable the Table Add & Delete Control. This will enable to add and delete rows in the table section in a form.
- Attachment Mandatory – Turn on the toggle to make the attachment mandatory when submitting a request. If a request is submitted without an attachment, an error message is shown.
- Multiple Approval – Turn on the toggle to enable the checkbox in the Stage Inbox for the appropriate stage and displays the Status field in the top of the page. You can select multiple requests and update the status value of all the selected requests. Ex: New, Completed, Rejected. Note: This control cannot be configured in the first stage.
Calendar View – Turn on the toggle Calendar View to see the events that are in date format ( Ex: Due days, Submitted Date, Approved Date). Based on the date field you select, the workflow request will show up as a reminder in the Dashboard page.
Location Tracking – Turn on the toggle to track the location of the approver. Note: This control cannot be configured in the initiator stage. Click here to know more about Location tracking.
Enable Custom Layout – Turn on the toggle to enable the Custom Layout. Cflow lets you design your own custom pdf documents. If you have designed a document and would like to download or print in this stage, then enable this control and select the document from the dropdown. When a request reaches this stage, an icon will be displayed at the top of the request details page to download the document.
Note: Turn off the toggle at the top right of the screen to set the reviewer stage inactive in your workflow. You can turn on the toggle at any time if you want to use the stage again.