Cflow provides a public form feature that enables a non-Cflow user to submit a form. You can use the public form in many ways depending upon your business needs. For example, you can use the public form to receive feedback, as a registration form and so on. Using the public form feature, users that don’t have a login in Cflow can still initiate a request in a workflow.
- Select Admin -> Workflows.
- Select a workflow and click on the Public Form menu.
To make use of the public form, turn on the toggle Public Form on the right side. A link to the public form is generated in the Public Form URL field. This link can now be embedded in any public website as an Iframe. The workflow will be initiated and a blank form is shown to the user when a user navigates to this URL. Filling in this form and submitting will send the data to Cflow where the request will be processed and moved to the next stage based on the rules. You can customize the look and feel of your form by setting the Background Color, Font Color, Font Family and Font size. You can also Upload a Custom Stylesheet to match your website.
Cflow provides an OTP verification in public form. This allows only the authenticated users to access the Cflow request. Turn on the toggle OTP Verification in Public Form.
OTP for Cflow Public Form Submission:
OTP authentication sends an email to the specified email address with a one-time password. You can use this password to authenticate the form.
Follow the steps below to initiate a new request in Cflow using public form URL:
- Click on the public form link that is provided to you.
- Fill in the form and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Enter your Email ID and click on send OTP.
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) that you have received for Cflow initiation and click on Verify OTP.
- Once the OTP is verified, the submit button is enabled and you can submit the form.
OTP for Cflow Approvals (non-Cflow users):
Cflow provides an option for a non-Cflow user to approve a request. This is done via a special link in the email for the specified approver. Follow the steps below to perform the configuration:
In an Initiator or Reviewer Stage -> Rules ->, click on Add New Action -> Send Email. Specify the ##Approver Email1## in the To field from the list of keywords and specify the public form link in the content as ##cflow-public-link##. This configuration sends the public form link via email to the approver.
- Click on the public form link that is sent to you via email.
- Enter the OTP and click on validate.
- Review the form and click on submit button. This moves the request to the next stage for review.
OTP authentication sends an email to the specified approver email address with a one-time password. You can use this OTP to authenticate and take action on the request.
- There must be a field Approver Email1 in the workflow where you can specify the email ID of the approver and submit the form. If you need to specify more than one approver email ID, then ensure that the email ID of the approvers are named as Approver Email1, Approver Email2 and so on.
- Status values in the reviewer stages must be New, Completed. As the non-Cflow user cannot approve or reject the request with the status value. They can complete the action by reviewing and submitting the form or by filling and submitting the form.